Food Service Associate - Summer Employment - #2517986
Memorial Health System
Performing tasks involved with the cooking, preparation, service and sale of food items in retail food service location; maintaining cleanliness and appearance of work area and dining area; providing excellent customer and patient service at all times.
- Assist in the assembly, serving, replenishing, transporting storing of hot and cold food, equipment and supplies (cafeteria or patient services)
- Operate all equipment in assigned areas which may include, not all- meat slicer, food processor, combi oven, turbo oven, garbage disposal, and dish machine, using safety precautions
- Record appropriate information on various documents (food temperature logs, production usage sheets, sanitizer test log, deposit tapes, cash drawer verification log)
- Clean and sanitize utensils, dishes, counter and work surfaces following daily guidelines and established schedules.
- Perform occasional cooking assistance.
- Perform routine clerical tasks such as answering telephone and summarizing meal counts and nourishments
- Put stock deliveries in proper location utilizing FIFO
- Complete cash handling, food service and cleaning procedures in cafeteria
- Promote health and safety in the work environment
- Perform job related duties as scheduled or assigned.
- High school graduate or GED preferred
- Foodservice sanitation certification (class or CBL)
- If applicable, must possess valid Illinois driver’s license and must be deemed as an acceptable driver in accordance with the MHS Fleet Safety Policy. (Five year MVR will be required) Must be able to operate automatic shift vehicle.
- One of more years of experience in food service (preferred)
- Cash register experience and/or cashier experience preferred. Light comprehension of computer.
- Ability to communicate, follow instruction and write legibly
- Moderate physical effort; with ability to push, pull and lift 20 lbs. and stand for extended periods of time.
- Knowledge of principles of food safety and sanitation.
- Interpersonal skills to interact with coworkers, customers, medical staff, and administration staff.
- Demonstrates excellent oral communication and customer relation skills.