Project Assistant, Title V-A2 and Title V-B - #2518274
TITLE: Project Assistant, Title V-A2 and Title V-B
FLSA STATUS: Hourly
DEPARTMENT: Title V-A2 and Title V-B
REPORTS TO: Project Director, Title V-A2 (El Faro) and Title V-B (Posgrado Center)
HOURS: Part-time (25 hours/week)
PRIMARY PURPOSE/POSITION SUMMARY:
Provide administrative support to the Title V-A2 and Title V-B grant teams to benefit efficient project management. Assist the Title V Teams and Office of Career Programs and Employer Relations in office management, record-keeping, and other related duties.
This is a grant-funded position with funding available for the lifecycle of the grants. Work towards implementation of project activities, outcomes, and preparation of program objectives reports as follows: 60% of effort and time devoted toward Title V-A2 (15 hours) and 40% of time (10 hours) devoted toward Title V-B.
EXPECTATIONS FOR ALL DOMINICAN EMPLOYEES:
To support the University's mission of preparing students to pursue truth, to give compassionate service, and to participate in the creation of a more just and humane world.
ABOUT DOMINICAN UNIVERSITY
Founded in 1901, Dominican University is a comprehensive, coeducational Catholic institution. Dominican University is a relationship-centered community rooted in a vibrant liberal arts and sciences education, offering rigorous, integrative and innovative undergraduate, graduate and professional programs. It is known for its excellent academic programs, the care and respect with which it mentors its students, its enduring commitment to social justice, and the enriching diversity of its students, faculty and staff. U.S. News & World Report ranks Dominican No. 10 among master's-level universities in the Midwest. Dominican is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education as a Hispanic-Serving Institution (HSI). Approximately 51% of the 3,000 currently enrolled students are Latino. Among undergraduates, 48% are Pell-eligible and 43% are the first in their families to attend college. Located on a 37-acre wooded campus in suburban River Forest, Illinois, and just 10 miles west of downtown Chicago, the university provides students and alumnae/i an accessible and welcoming location and superb access to a wealth of career, intellectual and cultural opportunities.
Dominican University is an equal opportunity employer. The University is dedicated to the goal of building a diverse faculty and staff committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment. We look forward to a diverse pool of applicants who bring varied experiences, perspectives and backgrounds. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities.
JOB COMPONENTS/PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide administrative and office management support to the Title V, Part A2 and Title V, Part B teams
- Manage front desk operations in Lewis 216 suite
- Ensure coverage of front desk during hours of operation
- Train student employees who sit at reception to ensure a welcoming environment for internal and external visitors
- Assist with managing communications to internal and external stakeholders (Title V Advisory board, students, staff/faculty) for meetings; Assist in scheduling physical or virtual space for meetings, take meeting minutes, and disseminate pre- and post-meeting materials including calendar invitations
- Assist with appointment and meeting scheduling, and calendar management
- Manage Executives and Experts in Residence Appointments in Handshake
- Manage calendars for space usage in Lewis 216 (hotel offices, conference rooms, etc.) and helps staff/faculty schedule the space for usage
- Assist in calendar management of Title V Part A2 Project Director
- Assist with record keeping and file organization:
- Event and participant lists, as well as collateral (fliers, files, recordings, etc.) for grant reporting purposes
- Title V supplies and equipment inventory
- Meeting notes and agendas
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of Time and Effort forms, standard operating procedures, purchasing memorandums, account transfer forms, and agreements to ensure grant compliance.
- Review and approve job, internship, and employer postings on Handshake.
- Support and assist Title V teams with event management as needed
- Assist in maintaining web presence and internal electronic platforms for Title V teams:
- Title V webpages
- uConnect, Handshake, EngageDU, etc.
- Manage and maintain office supplies and giveaways, ordering and purchasing equipment and additional supplies when necessary
- Perform other duties as requested, delegated, or assigned.
Required knowledge, skills, abilities
- Ability to work in-person and remotely; Must be available to work at least three days in-person with remote option, assuming that front desk/reception area has coverage
- Highly proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to record meeting notes, draft reports, and design PowerPoint presentations
- Ability to engage in simple research tasks
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask and prioritize work effectively
- Teamwork, creativity, professionalism, and positive attitude
- Capacity to develop excellent working relationships with key offices across the University, faculty, and students, especially students of diverse backgrounds and languages
- Bilingual: Spanish and English preferred
Education & Experience
- Associates degree required or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Experience working in higher education or within institutions that serve low-income, and first-generation college students
- Experience as an Administrative/Clerical Assistant desirable
A background screening is required upon hire.
Job Types: Part-time, Internship